June 3, 2014 § 3 Comments
I know it has been quite a while since I posted a blog on here! Well, currently I am working at Inglot Cosmetics in Las Vegas at the Town Square location. I love it there! The people I work with are down to earth, and what’s better than being able to play with fabulous products everyday! I plan to do product reviews for most of the Inglot products and new launches.
The freedom lipsticks come in both sheen and matte (one of the newest launches). There are a variety of palettes that you can choose from, which enables you to be able to create your own personal palette with ANY of colors from the freedom system. You can choose from a single palette all the way to a forty palette! The bigger the palette, the cheaper the overall price will be and they are magnetic so they can be stacked on top of each other (although, sometimes they can get very heavy)! Additionally, if you run out of a color, replace it, or get a new color! 🙂
Price: $9 for matte and $7 for regular color–Palette starts off at $6 and for each additional square is $1.
Above: I swatched some of my of my favorite lipsticks from the collection! FYI, I didn’t edit the pictures 🙂 Matte: 52, 519, 511, 510, 514 Sheen: 99, 63, 38, 65, 90, 72
These are great because they are very true to color, deep in pigmentation, a great smooth consistency, and they last on the lips for a long time–making them a lip stain. Each square can provide you with a lasting amount of around 35-50 uses!
Below: Here are a few pictures of all the freedom system lipsticks that are on display. Try them out and you won’t regret it! Happy shopping 🙂
March 26, 2014 § Leave a comment
I was chosen by RAW:natural born artists to headline their event as a featured make up artist! I am thrilled about the opportunity and hope you’ll share in my excitement.
RAW provides independent artists of all creative genres, with the tools, resources and exposure needed to inspire and cultivate creativity. The organization hosts multi-faceted art showcases every other month in over 50 cities nationwide.
Check out the website: http://www.rawartists.org/
My RAW Vegas event, “SPECTRUM” is on Thursday, April 10 at The Fremont Country Club in Downtown LV!
I’m selling tickets to the show to cover my entry fee: it includes my space, funds for the DJ, and video/photographer for the event, here is the link to my RAW artist profile to purchase online tickets for $15: www.rawartists.org/http-josephineannebeauty-wordpress-com
I would be so honored and so appreciative if you could help. Please and thank you for supporting me!!! ❤ ❤
November 17, 2013 § 1 Comment
Fall, in Korea, is rapidly leaving and the leaves on the trees are almost bare! Because the trees are looking really beautiful, I decided to put a few outfits together for the breezy, yet most cozy time of the year.
In Korea, a popular thing to do is go shopping at subway stations. YES, subway stations have many different stores, shops and eateries. When I pass through subway stations (Gangnam and Anyang are my favorite ones), I can’t help to grab a snack, or most of the time I can’t help to look at all the clothes! The clothing especially get to me because you can find great fashion finds for less than 10,000 won which is about less than 9 USD. Sometimes, you can even ask for a lower price 🙂 Some items are some I currently own, not from subway stations, and I will list how much and where I got these items if they are.
Here are the two few outfits… I hope you like!
BTW, photo credits go out to my lovely friend Mitzie. http://maritzaspix.blogspot.kr/
Fall outfit #1
- Scarf: Metro Park (My Boyfriend’s)
- Jean Button Up: Sadang Station (10,000 won)
- Tank: Anyang Station (5,000 won)
- Legging: Anyang Station (6,000 won)
- Boots: Forever 21 (30 USD)
- Watch: Micheal Kors (Present from my boyfriend♥)
Fall outfit #2
- (Same as above) Jean button Up: Sadang Station (10,000 won)
- Tank: Forever 21 (4 USD)
- Skirt: Anyang Station (5,000 won)
- Boots: Hotties in Las Vegas (25 USD)
- (Same as above) Watch: Micheal Kors
Thank you and see you soon! :)- Josephine
- First Day of Freedom: Anyang, Apartments, and Spontaneity (thaisatravels.wordpress.com)
- Autumn Essentials (wrappedinvelvett.wordpress.com)
- Fashion Finds: Casual Fall Outfit from H&M (stylebento.com)
- Casual Chic (cafashiondarling.com)
- Fashion Friday: Casual, Comfy, and Chic! [VIDEO] (starprime.wordpress.com)
- Style Smart (stylemeyesterday.com)
- Forever 21 Look Book (prettyintheeast.wordpress.com)
November 10, 2013 § Leave a comment
Mitzie: Half Skull/Half Pin Up and Cracked Porcelain Doll
Products used for the half skull and cracked part of porcelain doll:
- Zenith Face Paint
- Maybelline Eye Studio Lasting Drama in Black (Just around the eyes to prevent any creases in that area)
Products used for the half pin up and doll part:
- Twighlight Freshface Glow Face Primer
- Daiso Eyelashes 02
- Duo Eyelash Adhesive in Dark
- Holika Holika Eye Liner
- Inglot Eyeshadows
- Inglot Blush
- MAC Matte Lipstick in Russian Red
Cesar: Dia De Los Muertos Face Paint
- Zenith Face Paint
- Maybelline Eye Studio Lasting Drama in Black (Around the eyes and mouth area to prevent any creases)
Just some fun at work with all the teachers 🙂
October 26, 2013 § 1 Comment
Well to start off, I am a currently teaching English in Korea… This country is all about beauty and skincare.
While here, I have been able to pick up some goodies at some of my favorite cosmetic stores, Etude House and Holika Holika. Both places have such great quality and are very affordable. I have a few other products that I have bought, but I haven’t tried out yet (I will post those soon).
So, here are some of my favorite products and some that I just won’t buy again.
*Note that I use ~ when talking about the price because here they use Korean won for currency.
1 and 2. Etude House “Look at” Lipstick in color 6 and color 4 (~4 USD)
- Overall, the packaging is pretty cute… seems like the standard plastic lipsticks. Not the best, but I have seen worst. As far as pigmentation, they are true to color. The red is more orange, and the pink is more like a soft pink. When applied, the makeup consistency is very creamy and glides on very easily. I’ve tested them, and they last about 3-5 hours without drying my lips out. Overall, I would recommend this product: it’s cheap, worth the price, and has great color payoff. It would be great for on-the-go type of days.
3. Holika Holika “Aqua Petit Jelly B.B” in color 02 (~13 USD)
- While here, I have been trying to find the perfect B.B cream, because I am sure you’ve heard, Korea has the best product for Asian B.B creams. I bought this one because I heard that this is a definite must have in one’s makeup collection! The packaging is super cute! It shaped exactly like a Jelly, it also has a sturdy glass bottle, and it has a little spatula inside! I’ve tested this one out for about a month now, and I can definitely say that has to be the perfect B.B cream for my preference. I don’t like when B.B creams smell straight like a sunscreen bottle, or when it is REALLY think in consistency. The texture of this B.B cream is that of exactly what it says, “Jelly.” It is a light application and finished matte. I prefer a matte finish, which is totally different because the B.B creams here leave that glowing dewing finish that Koreans have. Again, this is a light applications, so if you have blemishes you need to conceal, or a little bit more redness, you should use concealer with this product. I would say that it last around 8 hours a day, and around 5 hours without blotting. I haven’t broke out with this B.B which is also a plus. Overall, this product is a must have for me. It is also very cheap in price and great in quality.
4. Etude House “Correct and Conceal CC Cream Glow 8 in 1 Multi-Function SPF 30/PA++” in color 2 (~14 USD)
- To start, here are the features of the 8 in 1 Multi-Function: Wrinkle Care Essence + Stress Care Essence + Water Cream + UV Protect + Whitening Essence + Make-up Base + Primer + Glow Volumer
- This product is one of the products that I don’t see myself buying again. I tried it out for about 2 weeks and it kept breaking me out. Methods I used were that I tried this CC creme alone and under makeup and it seemed as though it made my skin have that white cast, really oily, and smells of really strong sunscreen. I didn’t try it long enough to say that this product has helped my skin in any way. The only positive feedback that I would give this product is that I do like the packaging. It has a pump which is really sanitary and not messy. Overall, this product is cheap, but not worth the money.
5. Etude House “Good-bye Trouble BB Magic Mist” (~6 USD)
- Here are some active ingredients: Chamomile Extract, Aloe Vera Gel, and Centella Asiatica
- I actually really like this mist! I see many different face mists from many different brands, but I decided to try this because I saw it in a review from AprilAthena7 Youtube channel. I have only this mist and MAC fix+, so I can’t really compare different ones. The overall packaging is really cute. It is very compact, so I think it would be perfect for travel, or if you need a little face refresher at work/school. You can use this before and after your makeup, but always use this after. It makes me makeup look very soft and not cakey looking. Overall, I do think this is worth the money, and it is a great recommendation from AprilAthena7!
6. Etude House “Lash Perm All Shockcara (waterproof)” in color black (~11 USD)
- So, I picked this mascara up because I needed a new mascara and it was a 1+1 deal because this was the mascara they were advertising in the store. I have Asian lashes—really short and grow downwards. The thing that stood out to me was the name! Lash Perm, what better way to fix my little lashes with some curl! Anyway, this mascara is okay. I don’t think I will purchase this again because I don’t really feel that it did much for my lashes. I have to seem to put on many coats and it doesn’t hold my curl. A positive is that it is VERY waterproof. It doesn’t smudge or start to crack which is good. Overall, I think I will try a different brand or type of mascara to make my Asian lashes have some personality!
7. Holika Holika “Jewel-light Waterproof Eyeliner” in color 1 (~4 USD)
- This is personally my new favorite eyeliner; it even beats eyeliner back at home! It is perfect for the inner rims and even to make a cat eye. As for as consistency it, glides on like butter and dries fairly quickly! It also lives up to the name “Waterproof” because it does not budge— definite must to take it off with a oil based eye makeup remover. I loved it soo much, I even bought the colors 8 (teal) and 19 (glittery peach). I will have to get more especially to bring back home 🙂 Overall, they are are such a great price and a must have!
8. Etude House “Kissful Tint Choux”in color 1 (~4USD)
- I have never really been into lip stains, but they are big here! I saw a video with Bubzbeauty showing these. There were about 5 colors there I bought one because I wanted to try it out—she said she loved them! In agreement with her, I also love them! The packaging reminds me of a cupcake, who wouldn’t love something like that. This product is excellent! The lippy is extremely pigmented, so you only need a little of it. When it is on, it is very moisturizing, which is something you wouldn’t expect with a lip stain to be. The finish is very glossy and it lasts on for quite a while. Overall, this product is also a must—price is affordable and quality is perfection in my opinion.
Well, I hope this helps in some way! You can also get these products fromhttp://www.imomoko.com/ I know this blog has a lot of information, but I am hoping to really improve with my blogging skills! I promise to have better and more exact pictures of the products. Bear with me 🙂
See you again soon! ❤
- Korean Beauty Brands – How to Choose products and which brands to try? (shoppingescapades.com)
- Korean Beauty Haul (josephineannebeauty.wordpress.com)
- Beauty Talk (wendyvanessap.wordpress.com)